Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-newcwv-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:43:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Updating TCP to support Rate-Limited Traffic
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Arjuna Sathiaseelan
                          Raffaello Secchi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-newcwv-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-02-23

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 5681 to address issues that arise when TCP
   is used to support traffic that exhibits periods where the sending
   rate is limited by the application rather than the congestion window.
   It provides an experimental update to TCP that allows a TCP sender to
   restart quickly following a rate-limited interval.  This method is
   expected to benefit applications that send rate-limited traffic using
   TCP, while also providing an appropriate response if congestion is
   experienced.

   It also evaluates the Experimental specification of TCP Congestion
   Window Validation, CWV, defined in RFC 2861, and concludes that RFC
   2861 sought to address important issues, but failed to deliver a
   widely used solution.  This document therefore recommends that the
   status of RFC 2861 is moved from Experimental to Historic, and that
   it is replaced by the current specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-newcwv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-newcwv-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-newcwv-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/