Subject: [tcpm] about synchronization losses in Cubic and draft-zimmermann-tcpm-cubic-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 17:05:36 +0200

Dear all,

FYI and in case it is of interest for the "Discussion" section in 
draft-zimmermann-tcpm-cubic-01, we have published an article where we 
explain how and under which scenarios Cubic suffers from higher loss 
synchronization than standard TCP. Our observations suggest that both 
large RTTs and Fast Convergence mechanism in Cubic catalyze the 
synchronization losses. We also suggest that synchronization is 
unavoidable in high speed versions of TCP and AQM  shall help mitigating 
the problem

Synchronization has been observed in simulations, testbeds and in the 
Internet. Some experimental results are available in the article.

The paper can be downloaded at 
http://www.i3s.unice.fr/~sassatelli/articles/ITC2014.pdf

Thank you!
-- 
Dino L., Lucile S. & Guillaume UK
University Nice Sophia-Antipolis
France