Subject: [tcpm] WGLC for draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:52:54 +0300

Hi,

The tcpm-undeployed draft has been on hold for a while, but we now believe it is ok to be submitted for publication. Therefore this mail starts a working group last call for draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02 ("Moving Outdated TCP Extensions and TCP-related Documents to Historic and Informational Status"), to be submitted as Informational RFC. The WGLC runs until Friday, August 21st (three weeks because of the ongoing summer holiday period).

Link to the HTML version of the document: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02 .

Please let us know if you have any comments about the latest version.

Thanks!

- Pasi

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:04:29 -0400

> Please let us know if you have any comments about the latest version.

One reason it was held up, was to get feedback from the IESG on our
handling of the documents pre-dating the status field, and that's
resolved now.

My only small feedback is that I think we definitely should call out
the TCPMUX part in the shepherd writeup or IETF LC text, since it has
been discussed on the IETF main list in the past, and should be
reviewed by applications-oriented people.  What we did is clearly the
right thing for TCP (IMO), but someone out there may disagree, and we'd
rather discuss with them during last call than after an RFC is out :).

In a couple of places, we could make an editorial change:
"SHOULD not longer" -> "SHOULD NOT be".

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems