Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 07:51:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks
        Authors         : Injong Rhee
                          Lisong Xu
                          Sangtae Ha
                          Alexander Zimmermann
                          Lars Eggert
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-08-07

Abstract:
   CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  The protocol
   differs from the current TCP standards only in the congestion window
   adjustment function in the sender side.  In particular, it uses a
   cubic function instead of a linear window increase of the current TCP
   standards to improve scalability and stability under fast and long
   distance networks.  BIC-TCP, a predecessor of CUBIC, has been a
   default TCP adopted by Linux since year 2005 and has already been
   deployed globally and in use for several years by the Internet
   community at large.  CUBIC is using a similar window growth function
   as BIC-TCP and is designed to be less aggressive and fairer to TCP in
   bandwidth usage than BIC-TCP while maintaining the strengths of BIC-
   TCP such as stability, window scalability and RTT fairness.  Through
   extensive testing in various Internet scenarios, we believe that
   CUBIC is safe for deployment and testing in the global Internet.  The
   intent of this document is to provide the protocol specification of
   CUBIC for a third party implementation and solicit the community
   feedback through experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/