Subject: [tcpm] A new Internet draft for TCP Cubic

From: Lisong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 09:58:24 -0500

Hello,

We just submitted a new Internet draft for TCP Cubic.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-02

Compare to the previous version 01, this version has the following 
changes. Most changes are based on the email discussions with Karen and
Neal on [email-masked] in March 2016. Thanks, Karen and 
Neal!

Section 3.1: to more clearly describe the behavior of CUBIC

* From "The protocol does not make any change to the fast recovery and
retransmit of TCP-NewReno [RFC6582] and TCP-SACK [RFC2018]"
    to "The protocol does not make any change to the fast recovery and
retransmit of TCP, such as TCP-NewReno [RFC6582] and TCP-SACK [RFC2018]"

* From "t is the elapsed time from the last window reduction"
    to "t is the elapsed time from the last window reduction (measured
right after fast recovery)"

* From "K is the time period that the above function takes to increase
the current window size to W_max when there is no further loss event"
    to "K is the time period that the above function takes to increase
the current window size to W_max if there is no further loss event"

Section 3.2: to more clearly explain TCP friendly region

* From " This is done as follows.
     We can analyze the window size of a TCP-friendly AIMD in terms of the
     elapsed time t.  Using a simple analysis in [FHP00], we can analyze
     the average window size of additive increase and multiplicative
     decrease (AIMD) with an additive factor alpha_aimd and a
     multiplicative factor beta_aimd with the following function:"
    to " This is done
     by estimating the average rate of the Standard TCP using a simple
     analysis described in <xref target="FHP00"/>. It considers the Standard
     TCP as a special case of an Additive Increase and Multiplicative
     Decrease algorithm (AIMD), which has an additive factor alpha_aimd
     and a multiplicative factor beta_aimd with the following function:"

New Subsection 4.8 to reflect the recent changes by Jana Iyengar in 2015

* Add "4.8. Behavior for Application-Limited Flows
    CUBIC does not raise its congestion window size if the
    flow is currently limited by the application instead of the
    congestion window.  In cases of idle periods, t in Eq. 1
    should not include the idle time; otherwise, W_cubic(t) might
    be very high after restarting from a long idle time."

Thanks
Lisong