Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 08:52:03 -0800

FYI -

This version:

    - obsoletes 2140

    - says so in the abstract and intro

    - includes a "changes from 2140" section summarizing the differences

Note that the earlier versions did cite 2140, but did not as directly
indicate that this is intended as its replacement.

Joe

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt
Date: 	Fri, 04 Jan 2019 08:49:25 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Safiqul Islam <[email-masked]>, Michael Welzl
<[email-masked]>, Joseph Touch <[email-masked]>, Joe Touch
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis
Revision: 06
Title: TCP Control Block Interdependence
Document date: 2019-01-04
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 22
URL: https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06

Abstract:
This memo updates and replaces RFC 2140's description of
interdependent TCP control blocks, in which part of the TCP state is
shared among similar concurrent or consecutive connections. TCP
state includes a combination of parameters, such as connection
state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion control
information, and process information. Most of this state is
maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
across connections to the same host. Such sharing is intended to
improve overall transient transport performance, while maintaining
backward-compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing
described herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so
has no effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection
has been established.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat