Subject: [Teas] IETF TE Topology YANG Model Design Meeting Notes - 2017-02-01

From: Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 18:36:31 +0000

Attendees:
Igor, Xufeng, Giles, Carlo, Sergio, Pavan, Dieter, Gianmarco, Italo

- Discussed the status of i2rs base topology model
  > "server-provided" leaf is being reconsidered
    o It does not affect te topology model, since we don't rely on it.
  > Operational state
    o Potential split branches:
module: ietf-network
   +--rw networks
      +--rw network* [network-id]
         +--rw node* [node-id]
         +--rw lnk:link* [link-id]
   +--ro networks-state
      +--ro network* [network-id]
         +--ro node* [node-id]
         +--ro lnk:link* [link-id]

    o We will ensure that new approach can support our use cases
      and requirements.

  > TE topology use cases and requirements
    o We have the following use cases

      * Configured topology referencing underlay operational topology:
        The client can request an abstract topology, referencing an
        underlay learned operational node as a supporting node.

      * System generated topology referencing configured topology:
        A provide can request another provider to create two abstract
       topologies (configured topologies). The system can merge
        these two topologies to generated a non-configurable native
       topology, which will have references to the configured
        abstract topologies.

  > Giles reported that OpenDayLight has implemented the I2RS topology
    model to report operational topology information, even though the
    model is "config true".

- Continued discussion on multi-layer topologies covering more than 2 layers.
  > Dieter presented the use case of a multi-layer topology with OTN over OCh.
  > Discussed the modeling transformation by using transitional link.
  > We will examine the existing model to identify any gaps to support
such a modeling transformation.

Thanks,

- Xufeng

Note: Please drop me an email if you need an invite for joining the weekly call.