Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-09.txt> (Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol For Fast Reroute of Traffic Engineering GMPLS LSPs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 07:39:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Extensions to
Resource Reservation Protocol For Fast Reroute of
   Traffic Engineering GMPLS LSPs'
  <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic
   Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling extensions to support Fast Reroute
   (FRR) of Packet Switched Capable (PSC) Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  These signaling
   extensions allow the coordination of a bidirectional bypass tunnel
   assignment protecting a common facility in both forward and reverse
   directions of a co-routed bidirectional LSP.  In addition, these
   extensions enable the re-direction of bidirectional traffic onto
   bypass tunnels that ensure co-routedness of data paths in the forward
   and reverse directions after FRR and avoid RSVP soft-state timeout in
   control-plane.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2027/