Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 15:02:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updates to Resource Reservation Protocol For Fast Reroute of Traffic Engineering GMPLS LSPs
        Authors         : Mike Taillon
                          Tarek Saad
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Zafar Ali
                          Manav Bhatia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-08-28

Abstract:
   This document updates the Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic
   Engineering (RSVP-TE) Fast Reroute (FRR) procedures defined in RFC
   4090 to support Packet Switched Capable (PSC) Generalized Multi-
   Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  These
   updates allow the coordination of a bidirectional bypass tunnel
   assignment protecting a common facility in both forward and reverse
   directions of a co-routed bidirectional LSP.  In addition, these
   updates enable the re-direction of bidirectional traffic onto bypass
   tunnels that ensure co-routedness of data paths in the forward and
   reverse directions after FRR and avoid RSVP soft-state timeout in
   control-plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:03:55 +0000

Hi WG,

We have updated the document with editorial changes and have added elaboration/clarification of cases as following. 

-  Elaborated on bypass assignment (to cover loose hops case)
-  Added text for adding/removing/changing of bypass assignment 
-  Section 4.5.3: remove local policy, added use of session-attribute flag (node protection desired)
-  Section 5: clarified that Path message is modified as per [RFC4090]   
-  Section 5.2.4: added text for node failure case
- Misc. editorial changes

Welcome your review comments and suggestions. 

Many thanks to Alia for the review comments.

Regards,
Rakesh (for authors and contributors)

On 2017-08-28, 6:02 PM, "Teas on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Abstract:

    

    
    
    _______________________________________________
    Teas mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas