Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-08.txt> (Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Path Diversity using Exclude Route) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:20:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Resource
ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Path
   Diversity using Exclude Route'
  <draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering provides support
   for the communication of exclusion information during label switched
   path (LSP) setup. This document specifies two new diversity
   subobjects for the RSVP XRO and EXRS subobjects. Three different
   mechanisms are supported how LSP diversity can be accomplished in
   the provider or core network: the signaled diversity type, indicates
   whether diversity is based on client, path computation engine (PCE),
   or network assigned identifiers.
   The solution described in this document is based on the assumption
   that LSPs are requested sequentially, i.e., the time period between
   the LSP setup requests for the two LSPs may be longer (days, weeks,
   months). Re-routing the first LSP that may have existed for a longer
   period of time is not considered.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1943/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2383/