Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:14:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks
        Authors         : Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   Traffic Engineered networks have a variety of mechanisms to
   facilitate the separation of the data plane and control plane. They
   also have a range of management and provisioning protocols to
   configure and activate network resources.  These mechanisms
   represent key technologies for enabling flexible and dynamic
   networking.

   Abstraction of network resources is a technique that can be applied
   to a single network domain or across multiple domains to create a
   single virtualized network that is under the control of a network
   operator or the customer of the operator that actually owns
   the network resources.

   This document provides a framework for Abstraction and Control of
   Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 22:20:40 +0000

Hi,

The revision is to update the discussions on CNC.  In Section 3.1, we added a paragraph thanks to Lou, Michael and Fatai.

NEW:

   The capability of a CNC beyond its CMI role is outside the scope of 
   ACTN and may be implemented in different ways. For example, the CNC 
   may in fact be a controller or part of a controller in the customer's 
   domain, or the CNC functionality could also be implemented as part of 
   a provisioning portal.

END

Thanks,
Young
-----Original Message-----
From: Teas [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 5:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-11.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
Teas mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas

---

From: KwangKoog Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 13:57:21 +0900

With other providers currently, KT is also deeply invloved with such
enabling and developing the flexibilty to our networks for customers and
simplicity of operations by the SDN-based control/management system era.
Due to steady and ardent efforts from WG, this framework is currently
well-defined and clear from operator's perspectives.

I support this document to become WG LC.
Thanks.

Kwang-koog Lee (KT)

2017. 10. 28. 오전 7:21에 "Leeyoung" <[email-masked]>님이 작성:

> Hi,
>
> The revision is to update the discussions on CNC.  In Section 3.1, we
> added a paragraph thanks to Lou, Michael and Fatai.
>
> NEW:
>
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
> tools.ietf.org.
>