Subject: [Teas] RFC 8271 on Updates to the Resource Reservation Protocol for Fast Reroute of Traffic Engineering GMPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 21:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8271

        Title:      Updates to the Resource Reservation 
                    Protocol for Fast Reroute of Traffic 
                    Engineering GMPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     M. Taillon, 
                    T. Saad, Ed., 
                    R. Gandhi, Ed., 
                    Z. Ali,
                    M. Bhatia
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 53407
        Updates:    RFC 4090

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-lsp-fastreroute-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8271

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8271

This document updates the Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) Fast Reroute (FRR) procedures defined in
RFC 4090 to support Packet Switch Capable (PSC) Generalized
Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).
These updates allow the coordination of a bidirectional bypass tunnel
assignment protecting a common facility in both forward and reverse
directions of a co-routed bidirectional LSP.  In addition, these
updates enable the redirection of bidirectional traffic onto bypass
tunnels that ensure the co-routing of data paths in the forward and
reverse directions after FRR and avoid RSVP soft-state timeout in the
control plane.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC