Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label-09.txt> (Network Assigned Upstream-Label) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:37:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Network Assigned
Upstream-Label'
  <draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label-09.txt> as Proposed
  Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (GMPLS) Resource reSerVation Protocol with Traffic Engineering (RSVP-
   TE) mechanism that enables the network to assign an upstream label
   for a bidirectional Label Switched Path (LSP).  This is useful in
   scenarios where a given node does not have sufficient information to
   assign the correct upstream label on its own and needs to rely on the
   downstream node to pick an appropriate label.  This document updates
   RFCs 3471, 3473 and 6205 as it defines processing for a special label
   value in the UPSTREAM_LABEL object.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.