Subject: [Teep] TEEP BoF WiKi

From: Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:14:02 +0000

Hello all:

Here is the WiKi of TEEP BoF:

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/WikiStart

________

*A Protocol for Dynamic Trusted Execution Environment Enablement (TEEP)*

   - Name: A Protocol for Dynamic Trusted Execution Environment Enablement
   (TEEP)
   - Description:
   The goal of this group is to standardize protocol for dynamic trusted
   excution environment enablement.

The industry has been working on an application layer security protocol
that allows to configure security credentials and software running on a
Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) for sometime. Today, TEEs are, for
example, found home routers, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets,
wearables, etc. Unfortunately, there have been mostly proprietary protocols
used in this environment.

With this BOF we are making an attempt to standardize such a protocol. An
strawman proposal of such a protocol has been published with ​
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pei-opentrustprotocol-03.

In the BOF we would like to do the following:

   - Explain TEEs, the problem we are trying to solve, and a bit of history
   - Walk through some use cases
   - Talk about the architecture
   - Point to one possible solution

In the end we would like to find out what the level of interest from the
folks in the IETF to work on such a solution.

   - Agenda
   - Introduction of TEEs and the history - 20 min
      - TEEP use cases and problem statement - 20 min
      - TEEP architecture - 20 min
      - Possible solutions - 15 min
      - Tough Questions - 10 minutes
      - Wrap up - 5 minutes

   - Status: WG Forming
   - Responsible AD: Kathleen Moriarty
   - BoF proponents: Dapeng Liu (Alibaba: ​[email-masked]), Hannes
   Tschofenig (ARM: ​[email-masked])
   - BoF chairs: TBD
   - Number of people expected to attend: 50
   - Length of session (1, 1.5, 2, or 2.5 hours): 1.5 hours
   - Conflicts to avoid (whole Areas and/or WGs): Security Area
   - Links to the mailing list, draft charter if any, relevant
   Internet-Drafts,
   - Mailing List: ​
      https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=teep[[BR]]

   - Relevant drafts:
   - Use case and problem statement
      - TBD
         - Possible Solution:
      - ​https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pei-opentrustprotocol-03.

__________

Your comments&questions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Dapeng Liu