Subject: [Teep] TEEP BoF

From: Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 06:02:32 +0000

Hello all,

Hannes and I would like to draw your attention to a BOF we would like to
hold at the next IETF meeting and want to provide a bit background and
motivation of what we are trying to accomplish.

Several companies have been working on an application layer security
protocol that allows to configure security credentials and software running
on a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE). Today, TEEs are, for example,
found home routers, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets, wearables, etc.
Unfortunately, there have been mostly proprietary protocols used in this
environment.

With this BOF we are making an attempt to standardize such a protocol. An
strawman proposal of such a protocol has been published with
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pei-opentrustprotocol-03. This should
give you an idea what this is about.

In the BOF we would like to do the following:

 * Explain TEEs, the problem we are trying to solve, and a bit of history

 * Walk through some use cases

 * Talk about the architecture

 * Point to one possible solution

In the end we would like to find out what the level of interest from the
folks in the IETF to work on such a solution.

Thanks,

Dapeng&Hannes