Subject: [ietf-tls] New AES draft available

From: Pete Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:55:46 +0100

A new draft of the AES ciphersuite document is available from the
usual place:

ftp://ftp.skygate.co.uk/pub/tls-aes-drafts/

The latest version is:

ftp://ftp.skygate.co.uk/pub/tls-aes-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-ciphersuite-01a.txt

The main change in this revision is that the document now provides AES
analogues for most of the original ciphersuites, including static RSA.
The exceptions are the "anon" and export ciphersuites.  The first
group have been deprecated ever since the original TLS specification,
while recent legal changes have made the second group essentially
irrelevant.

I have had an extensive discussion off-list with some of the people
who originally opposed this change.  I believe (my apologies if I have
misunderstood anyone's position) that no one has serious objections to
us proceeding on this new basis.  Of course, if this is not the case,
please send an email to me or the list.  This is particularly
important because not everyone was involved in the off-list
discussion.

(Note: the sequence of documents that led up to the draft published by
the IETF are now called 00a, 00b, 00c and so on.  Hopefully the 01a
sequence will eventually become a document that will be numbered 01 by
the IETF.)

-- 
Pete

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]