Subject: [ietf-tls] Assignment of Numbers for Compression Algorithms in TLS

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:30:58 EST

What is the status on assignment of numbers for use in TLS in general
and specificly for the implementation of compression algorithms?

Years ago Eric Young added RLE and ZLIB compression to his SSLeay
package and I want to use them in OpenSSL.  On some connections I have
seen dramatic improvements in performance with the use of
compression.  The specific implementation is for TLS Telnet with X
Windows Forwarding and TLS FTP.

Have numbers been assigned?  If so, what are they?

If not, what is the approved method for allocation?  I don't see any
TLS related registration lists at the IANA site.

Thanks.

                  Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
               612 West 115th St * New York, NY * 10025 * USA
     http://www.kermit-project.org/ * [email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]