Subject: [ietf-tls] I-D ACTION:draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 06:21:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NGISec-NAT and QoS compatible End-to-End Secure 
                          Communication
	Author(s)	: J. Shukla
	Filename	: draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 08-Nov-00
	
This document outlines a new approach, called NGISec, for end-to-end
secure communication system that is compatible with other networking
protocols. Such a solution is needed because IPSec is incompatible
with network address translation (NAT), ICMP, and QoS protocols such
as differentiated services, RSVP, RED, and ECN. Most of the proposed
solutions to mitigate or remove the incompatibility problems of
IPSec only address a small sub-section of the problems, and proposed
solutions have severe drawbacks. By using our proposed approach, one
can achieve end-to-end secure communication in LANs, VPNs, and
network-to-network connections. This approach can be viewed as an
alternative to IPSec that solves the severe problems faced by IPSec
and paves the way for simultaneous use of security and QoS services.
While it is aimed to be an alternative to IPSec, it re-uses critical
components of the IPSec infrastructure such as the Internet key
exchange (IKE). An interesting aspect of the proposed protocol is
that it also allows the use of SSL/TLS to build VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shukla-ipsec-nat-qos-compatible-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]