Subject: [TLS] RFC 6520 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Heartbeat Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 16:43:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6520

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) and 
                    Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Heartbeat 
                    Extension 
        Author:     R. Seggelmann, M. Tuexen,
                    M. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16858
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-dtls-heartbeat-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6520.txt

This document describes the Heartbeat Extension for the Transport
Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocols.

The Heartbeat Extension provides a new protocol for TLS/DTLS allowing
the usage of keep-alive functionality without performing a
renegotiation and a basis for path MTU (PMTU) discovery for DTLS.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC