Subject: [TLS] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5246 (3122)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:13:46 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5246,
"The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5246&eid=3122

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Daniel Otte <[email-masked]>

Section: A.4.

Original Text
-------------
   enum {
       hello_request(0), client_hello(1), server_hello(2),
       certificate(11), server_key_exchange (12),
       certificate_request(13), server_hello_done(14),
       certificate_verify(15), client_key_exchange(16),
       finished(20)
       (255)
   } HandshakeType;

Corrected Text
--------------
   enum {
       hello_request(0), client_hello(1), server_hello(2),
       certificate(11), server_key_exchange (12),
       certificate_request(13), server_hello_done(14),
       certificate_verify(15), client_key_exchange(16),
       finished(20),
       (255)
   } HandshakeType;

Notes
-----
The comma after finished(20) is missing in the original text.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5246 (draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : T. Dierks, E. Rescorla
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Layer Security
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG