Subject: [TLS] TLS WG Report

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:33:22 -0700

The TLS WG met at 10:30 AM on Tuesday:

- TLS-OOB is effectively done. There was discussion of the relationship
   to RFC 6091, which is Informational, but depended upon. Consensus
   is to cut-and-paste the relevant portions. Authors to prepare a new
   draft and WGLC.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-04

- The CachedInfo draft is ready for WGLC with some minor changes.
  The authors will prepare a new draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-12

- The OCSP Multistapling draft needs some more review but is believed
   nearly done. The chairs called for more reviewers of this.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-multiple-cert-status-extension-01

- There was a discussion of rollback protection mechanisms (to compensate
for broken servers). The WG agreed to proceed in this line and to discuss
specific mechanisms on-list.

- There was consensus for the WG to accept the TLS-PWD mechanism.
We will confirm on the list.
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-harkins-tls-pwd-02.txt

- There was extensive discussion on explicit TLS proxy support (for
proxies which encrypt and decrypt, not RFC 2817 proxies) but
generally the WG seemed not to want to take this work on.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-tls-proxy-server-01

-Ekr