Subject: [TLS] Wireshark Download for TLS1.3

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:10:00 +0000 (UTC)

All,

If you want to download a WorkInProgress version of Wireshark that supports TLS1.3 (latest version of draft -18 only!).   Please go to:

https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/

THIS IS NOT THE PRODUCTION VERSION OF WIRESHARK!!!

We owe HUGE thanks to Peter Wu & Alexis La Goutte (core Wireshark developers) for the TLS1.3 dissector.  I did some minor, initial work on the dissector but it is really their great effort and continued support that is making this dissector available for us.   Thank you guys so much!!!

BTW, we had started an email list to discuss diagnostic & implementation experiences for TLS.

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls-implementers

Shall we move to that list to discuss?   Maybe we can share PCAPs.

Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com
(831) 659-8360

---

From: Peter Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 17:31:48 +0100

Hi all,

This is indeed work in progress, the current state can be tracked at:
https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12779

Note for TLS implementers: Wireshark supports decryption when provided
with the master secret (TLS 1.2 and before), but with TLS 1.3 there are
more secrets. The current plan is to accept the client/server
handshake/application traffic secrets (as opposed to the more sensitive
Handshake/Master secrets) following the format proposed by BoringSSL:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/19801

If everything goes well, Wireshark 2.4 should be the first stable
version with TLS 1.3 support.

Kind regards,
Peter

---

From: Matt Caswell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:41:35 +0000

> https://code.wireshark.org/review/19801

FYI, OpenSSL is also planning to adopt that format:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/2287

Matt

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls