Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-05.txt> (ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol version 1.2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:31:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher
Suites for Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) Protocol version 1.2'
  <draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines several new cipher suites for the Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2.  The cipher suites are all
   based on the Ephemeral Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman with Pre-Shared
   Key (ECDHE_PSK) key exchange together with the Authenticated
   Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithms AES-GCM and AES-
   CCM.  PSK provides light and efficient authentication, ECDHE provides
   forward secrecy, and AES-GCM and AES-CCM provides encryption and
   integrity protection.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.