Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:18:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security of the IETF.

        Title           : Example Handshake Traces for TLS 1.3
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2017-07-17

Abstract:
   Examples of TLS 1.3 handshakes are shown.  Private keys and inputs
   are provided so that these handshakes might be reproduced.
   Intermediate values, including secrets, traffic keys and ivs are
   shown so that implementations might be checked incrementally against
   these values.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:28:52 +0200

I've revised the draft.  It now covers -21.

I had to make a few changes to ensure that the changes to the
resumption secret for tickets was exposed in the draft, you can now
see the resumption secret being split based on the ticket_nonce.

On 17 July 2017 at 09:18,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:37:28 +0200

Thank you for updating the draft.

I really appreciate your effort to have the example vectors
documented. It will be a great help to the implementers.

One minor request: it would be great if you could add examples for the
exporters. Bug in a exporter is hard to find unless you have an
interop between applications that actually use it (however TLS itself
doesn't use it). It wasn't until the QUIC hackathon that we found
issues.

-- 
Kazuho Oku

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:50:53 +0200

> doesn't use it). It wasn't until the QUIC hackathon that we found

This is actually quite tricky to do for a number of reasons, but it's
a perfectly reasonable request:
https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-vectors/issues/3