Subject: [Tools-discuss] jabber links

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:39:21 -0400

I love the highly integrated agenda you have at http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/71/ 
.

However, the jabber link, e.g., xmpp:[email-masked], doesn't  
do the right thing on my client, Adium.  It opens a chat window not a  
groupchat window.  I don't know whether this is an ambiguity or a bug  
but I thought I'd let you know.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a stable jabber info page anywhere on  
the IETF/tools site.

--aaron
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:09:41 +0100

Aaron Falk <[email-masked]> writes:

> I love the highly integrated agenda you have at
> http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/71/ .

I noticed this one now, nice work!  Would it be possible to add links to
the jabber logs too?  I tend to spend some time locating the latest
jabber log archives for WGs every now and then.

Thanks,
/Simon

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:28:15 -0400

Hi Aaron,

> but I thought I'd let you know.

Right -- I know, and it's an Adium problem, rather than a link problem.
The Adium people have promised better room support in an upcoming release,
but for now the links only work for some OS/Client combinations :-(
> Also, there doesn't seem to be a stable jabber info page anywhere on  

Ah.  I'll forward this.

	Henrik

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:44:50 -0400

> but for now the links only work for some OS/Client combinations :-(

It seems to work in 1.2.4b1, posted earlier today: http://adiumx.com/beta/

Lars

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:48:09 -0400

> It seems to work in 1.2.4b1, posted earlier today: http://adiumx.com/beta/

Yes, now it works, in the latest Adium!  Yay!

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:15:45 -0400

Hi Simon,

> jabber log archives for WGs every now and then.

Added.  Let me know if the revised version looks and works OK.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:43:39 +0100

> Added.  Let me know if the revised version looks and works OK.

Hi Henrik.  I can't seem to find the links... I would expect them to be
besides the jabber and audio links?  Or do the link disappear once the
meeting is over?

Thanks,
/Simon

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:42:27 +0100

Hi Simon,

On 2008-03-17 17:43 Simon Josefsson said the following:
...
> besides the jabber and audio links?  Or do the link disappear once the

When I look at http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/71/ I see a "Jabber log" image
between the audio link and the jabber room link (regular jabber icon).
I assume the "jabber log" icon doesn't differ enough from the regular
jabber icon, and you just didn't notice it?  I probably have to design an
alternative jabber log icon...

	Henrik

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:28:04 +0100

> alternative jabber log icon...

I may be totally missing something, but I don't see it.  I see the audio
link icon and then the jabber room link.  At first I suspected caching,
but reloading the page didn't help.  I don't see it in the HTML either
if I use a command line tool like curl:

jas@mocca:~$ curl http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/71/|grep krb-wg
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1140    0  1140    0     0  14712      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14712            <div class="subitem"><span ><a href="/wg/krb-wg/">Krb-wg</a><span class="new"></span></span></div>
<a href="venue/?room=salon-i" title="Room map" onclick="javascript: window.open('venue/?room=salon-i', 'IETF meeting rooms','scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,width=730,height=475'); return false;">Salon I</a>        SEC   <a name="krb-wg" href="/wg/krb-wg/">krb-wg</a>    <a href="docs/krb-wg.tar.gz" style="border: 0" title="download: drafts on the krb-wg agenda"><img alt="docs" src="/images/docs/archive.png" /></a>&nbsp;<a href="https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/materials.html#wg-krb-wg" style="border: 0" title="krb-wg presentation material"><img alt="docs" src="/images/docs/multiple.png" /></a>&nbsp;<a href="http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf717.m3u" style="border: 0" title="Audio stream from Salon I room"><img src="/images/audio.gif" alt="audio"/></a>&nbsp;<a href="xmpp:[email-masked]?join" style="border: 0" title="krb-wg chat room"><img alt="jabber" src="/images/jabber.png"/></a>&nbsp;<a href="/wg/krb-wg/agenda?item=agenda71.html" title='Kerberos'>Kerberos<
 /a>
100  145k    0  145k    0     0   259k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  297k
jas@mocca:~$ 

Hm.  I see that tools.ietf.org have two IP addresses here:

jas@mocca:~$ host tools.ietf.org
tools.ietf.org has address 192.36.157.99
tools.ietf.org has address 194.146.105.14
tools.ietf.org has IPv6 address 2a01:3f0:0:31:214:22ff:fe21:bb
tools.ietf.org mail is handled by 20 shiraz.tools.ietf.org.
tools.ietf.org mail is handled by 10 merlot.tools.ietf.org.
jas@mocca:~$ 

My browser uses the first IP.  If I try the second one, I do get the
jabber archive link:

jas@mocca:~$ curl http://194.146.105.14/agenda/71/|grep krb-wg
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1159    0  1159    0     0  28365      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 28365            <div class="subitem"><span ><a href="/wg/krb-wg/">Krb-wg</a><span class="new"></span></span></div>
100 19966    0 19966    0     0   189k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  291k<a href="venue/?room=salon-i" title="Room map" onclick="javascript: window.open('venue/?room=salon-i', 'IETF meeting rooms','scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,width=450,height=550'); return false;">Salon I</a>        SEC   <a name="krb-wg" href="/wg/krb-wg/">krb-wg</a>    <a href="docs/krb-wg.tar.gz" style="border: 0" title="download: drafts on the krb-wg agenda"><img alt="docs" src="/images/docs/archive.png" /></a>&nbsp;<a href="https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/materials.html#wg-krb-wg" style="border: 0" title="krb-wg presentation material"><img alt="docs" src="/images/docs/multiple.png" /></a>&nbsp;<a href="http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf717.m3u" style="border: 0" title="Audio stream from Salon I room"><img src="/images/audio.gif" alt="audio"/></a>&nbsp;<a href="http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/krb-wg" style="border: 0" title="krb-wg jabber logs"><img alt="jabber" src="/images/jabberlog.png"
 /></a>&nbsp;<a href="xmpp:[email-masked]?join" style="border: 0" title="krb-wg jabber room"><img alt="jabber" src="/images/jabber.png"/></a>&nbsp;<a href="/wg/krb-wg/agenda?item=agenda71.html" title='Kerberos'>Kerberos</a>
100  163k    0  163k    0     0   760k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  930k
jas@mocca:~$ 

Maybe the IP address I got is wrong?  Or maybe more likely is that one
of the hosts doesn't use the most recent scripts.

Thanks,
/Simon

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:00:33 +0100

Hi Simon,

	Henrik

On 2008-03-17 23:28 Simon Josefsson said the following:
...
> of the hosts doesn't use the most recent scripts.

Right. I've somehow managed to get one of the tools servers out of
sync on this.  Sorry.  The two others showed the log link, but not
the one you were looking at, as you discovered.  Fixed now.  Excuse
the wasted time.

(I refer to 3 tools servers, but you saw only two A records for
tools.ietf.org because the third server is normally used for development
and testing and not for production service due to its narrower pipe.)

	Henrik

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:28:31 +0100

> the one you were looking at, as you discovered.  Fixed now.  Excuse

I can see the icons properly now.  Thanks for tracking this problem.
FWIW, I think the icon works fine.

/Simon