Subject: [Tools-discuss] rfc2xml alpha

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:42:02 +0530

I recently got around to making something that takes RFC/I-D formatted
text and creates xml; with the help of Chris Newman. It is called
rfc2xml and it is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rfc2xml/

It only creates the middle part of the I-D, and it doesn't do anything
fancy. But it does appear to get pretty good mileage.

I'd love it if interested IETF tools people could contribute and
ensure it is stable.

Please let me know how it works for you,

Ian Chakeres
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:56:04 -0700

> fancy. But it does appear to get pretty good mileage.

ian - hi. i think it would be very interesting to be able to have the  
entire rfc corpus avaialble in xml. many years ago, carl and brad  
wrote a script that started this process. we then had a contractor go  
through and flesh out the spots that the script couldn't handle.

i remain interested in seeing the transcription work done. please keep  
us informed as to how it goes.

thanks,

/mtr