Subject: [Tools-discuss] source control repository?

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:27:08 -0700

Has the Tools Team considered offering a source control system to
working groups and document authors? The Codec WG has been talking
informally about hosting codec-related source code, but a system like
this might be most helpful to spec authors as well...

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:29:47 -0600

Many authors in the RAI area have informally been using the SVN 
repository hosted by the resiprocate project for internet-draft revision 
control for some time now. It has been immensely helpful. I agree that 
having this kind of functionality generally available would be a very 
useful service.

/a

On 3/9/10 12:27, Mar 9, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:01:11 -0700

> having this kind of functionality generally available would be a very

I do too, but I hesitate to impose such a significant burden on the
tools team unless I volunteer to help. :)

Peter

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 20:23:45 +0100

> this might be most helpful to spec authors as well...

Like that?

<http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/codec/>

:-)

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:27:02 -0700

> <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/codec/>

Either you are really fast or you have amazing foresight. :)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 20:46:03 +0100

> Either you are really fast or you have amazing foresight. :)

It's Henrik L. having the amazing foresight.

And look, there's trac, too!

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 01:23:30 +0100

Hi Peter,

> And look, there's trac, too!

As Julian has made clear before I even caught up with the thread,
SVN is available for all WGs who wish to have it.  It is set up
automatically for all new WGs at the same time as Trac is set up.
Old WGs who don't have a Track instance need only send me a message
to have it set up.

A message is automatically sent to the new chair about the Trac instance;
I'll add information about the SVN repository to that mail, too.

The Repository URL is generally http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/<wgname>/,
and it permits anonymous checkout, but commit requires a tools login.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:02:52 -0700

> and it permits anonymous checkout, but commit requires a tools login.

Thanks, this is all very helpful. The Tools Team rocks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/