Subject: [Tools-discuss] idnits complaint: boilerplate complaints hard to track down

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:28:25 -0700

When idnits complains about boilerplate missing or partially found, 
it should include the text possibilities that will make it happy, or 
URLs to them.  Instead, it points to a PDF of the legal policy, which 
itself doesn't contain the exact boilerplate text that needs to be 
included.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the
incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
                                                      --G. B. Shaw

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:48:13 +0200

Hi Randall,

> itself doesn't contain the exact boilerplate text that needs to be 

If you use the --verbose switch (or checkbox for the web service) it
does indeed say exactly which text it expects.  I also believe that if
you don't use the verbose mode and get errors, it will suggest that
you use the verbose mode to get more information...

	Henrik

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:32:14 -0700

Hi Henrik,

Sorry for not being more clear.  I was using verbose mode, but it was 
still difficult to find the exact boilerplate text, since I needed 
the "may contain" version.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your
editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
                                                      --Mark Twain