Subject: [Tools-discuss] Core Status Pages

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:29:04 -0700

Is there a way to clean up this page:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/

There are way too many I-Ds with "core" in their names.
OTOH, the "6lowapp" drafts are not listed.

Any kind of manual override?

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:15:46 -0700

Hi Carsten,

> Any kind of manual override?

The 'related drafts' part of the status page is based on very simple
heuristics, and the 'core' wg name unfortunately is fairly common
in draft names, which creates the current situation.

I've now narrowed the heuristics, so that instead of looking for
related drafts for a WG, named 'draft-*-$wgname-*', I limit it to
drafts where the third dash-separated component of the name matches
the WG name.  This reduces the 'related' drafts for core to only
four -- unfortunately two of them are still unrelated.  I can
code in manual overrides, but I haven't thought of a way of doing
it that won't bring repeated manual work...

Adding '-6lowapp-' as an additional tag to look for for this WG
is trivial, support for this is already build in.  Done.  The page
should be updated for -6lowapp- drafts within about one hour.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:23:00 -0500

Henrik,

I believe you have also fixed "martini" (there were several individual 
drafts in PWE3 that pattern-matched the new martini working group) - thank 
you!

Spencer

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:29:10 -0700

On Mar 22, 2010, at 19:15, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> repeated manual work

The dream solution would be to enable the chairs to "click away" false positives.
(Or, more simply, a way to edit a "false positive" list.)
That would indeed be repeated manual work, but not for you.

Thanks for putting in 6lowapp!

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:46:00 -0700

Hi Spencer

> drafts in PWE3 that pattern-matched the new martini working group) - thank 

Yes, the current pattern is being applied for all WGs, so there should be
improvements in some other places too.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:48:19 -0700

Hi Carsten,

> That would indeed be repeated manual work, but not for you.

Mmm.  Yes.  Not a 5-minute fix, thought.  I'll think about this some more.

> Thanks for putting in 6lowapp!

You're welcome!

Best,

	Henrik