Subject: [Tools-discuss] dattracker first page option

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:21:55 -0500

Hi,

I would like to say that I don't like the new "first page only"
approach in the datatracker. If I go to a document and search for
something, the search might come up empty because the new datatracker
only gives me part of the document.

I understand this is nice for those working on smartphones, but I
think it sucks when I'm working my documents on a full computer, which
I do far more often than I do on a smartphone.

I recommend having a setting in a cookie or in a xcap databsae that
specifies if you want only the first page. But default to the full
document approach for those that have not selected the first-page only
approach.

David Harrington
Director, IETF Transport Area
[email-masked] (preferred for ietf)
[email-masked]
+1 603 828 1401 (cell)

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:35:02 +0100

Hi David,

> document approach for those that have not selected the first-page only

A cookie setting for this has already been implemented, and will be part
of the next release.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:35:11 -0600

Henrik,

Perfect. Thanks!

Spencer, who also doesn't usually read Internet Drafts on smartphones ...

> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss