Subject: [Tools-discuss] tools diff real-time

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:04:09 -0500

hello,
  I guess my comment is probably known and might be planned for next 
revs/integration efforts. And it is low priority compared to other 
stuff. But I wanted to make sure it was known. So:
- when a new rev of a draft is submitted, immediatly the announcement goes.
- sometimes people have been waiting a lot for that new rev.
- then, you want to look at the diffs with the previous version.
- but the tools page that provide the diff service does not know the 
existence of the new rev. it seems to be done async.

it would be great if the tools providing diff is synched with the new 
revs of docs.

again, low priority. it is just because I'm so used to our great tools 
that I want more... ;-)

keep the excellent work and thanks.

Regards, Marc.

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN Implementation: http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:30:32 -0500

Getting it tied into the announcement system would be way cool.

As a short term measure, when tools.ietf/org/html is asked to look for a 
version that's not on its server, it could pull it over in real time 
rather than waiting until the hourly sync has occurred.

Anyone want to work on either mechanism? (nudge nudge)

     Tony Hansen