Subject: [Tools-discuss] include-text

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:41:20 -0500

Hi,

IIRC, Henrick said the next revision of the datatracker tool would
allow people to choose different defaults for the include-text
parameter. Can we please expedite this?

I find the current setting, where I only get the first page, to be
tremendously inconvenient, since I now have to click through multiple
screens to be able to print the document, and then click back through
multiple screens to get back to the datatracker page I started from.

Also, since the top of the partial document page doesn't indicate the
whole text is not present, I find it misleading. This has led me to
make bad assumptions when I print out only the first page, or I search
for something and find no instances in the document. Luckily, mnay of
these times it is obvious to me that there should be at least one
instance (or the printout is too short), so I realize I must only have
the first page of the document. 

This is a real time-waster for me. I can only hope that those who
requested this feature are getting some good benefit from it. I'm not.

Can we either revert to the old approach, or get the customizable
version deployed?

Thanks,
David Harrington
Director, IETF Transport Area
[email-masked] (preferred for ietf)
[email-masked]
+1 603 828 1401 (cell)

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:02:35 -0600

This is really getting in my way and I would also like to see it expedited.

RjS

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:09 -0500

Just say no.

I switched back to using tools.ietf.org/html for all documents. It 
doesn't have this problem and does more of the things I want it to do.

     Tony

On 12/8/2010 3:02 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:12:09 +0100

> This is really getting in my way and I would also like to see it expedited.

The functionality is available in 3.10, released 2010-12-07.  Go to this
page and click on 'on' under 'Show full document text...' in order to flip
the switch to always show the full document:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/cookies/

I guess we should provide a link at the bottom of the abbreviated document
pages to flip this switch, too.

	Henrik

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:00:50 -0600

Thanks Henrik!

RjS

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:44:36 -0500

+1

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:26:17 -0500

+1

dbh 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Sparks [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:01 AM
> To: Henrik Levkowetz
> Cc: David Harrington; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] include-text
> 
> Thanks Henrik!
> 
> RjS
>