Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Doodle for preferences for a sprint between IETF 108 and 109.

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 13:55:25 -0500

The responses indicate the week of Sep 20, at 20:00-ish UTC.

Tuesday and Friday had even responses. I'll go with Friday 25 September 
since it's still more than two weeks away.

I'll send more details to the list soon.

RjS

On 8/31/20 2:45 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> If you are interested in participating in a codesprint between now and 
> IETF109, please add yourself to the survey at 
> https://doodle.com/poll/xyiy9pw2wqyh7daq
>
> RjS
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 14:52:31 -0500

We will hold a virtual codesprint Friday 25 Sep 2020 at 2000 UTC.

Information, including webex coordinates, is available at

<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF108.1Sprint>

If you participated in the recent doodle, you've already been added to 
the Signup page at

<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF108.1SprintSignUp>

Please feel free to remove yourself if that time became unavailable for 
you already.

If you can participate and are not yet signed up, please add yourself to 
that list.

Thank you for the time you put in on making things better for the IETF 
community!

RjS

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 21:44:51 -0400

> On Sep 9, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> If you participated in the recent doodle, you've already been added to the Signup page at
> 
> Please feel free to remove yourself if that time became unavailable for you already.
> 
> If you can participate and are not yet signed up, please add yourself to that list.
> 
> Thank you for the time you put in on making things better for the IETF community!
> 
> RjS

Is Docker required? I installed it last time and it was constantly running on macOS talking back to it’s central servers even when I wasn’t using it and using way too much CPU. I don’t need to be monitored like that. I uninstalled it.

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 20:59:11 -0500

> Is Docker required? I installed it last time and it was constantly running on macOS talking back to it’s central servers even when I wasn’t using it and using way too much CPU. I don’t need to be m…
Docker is not required. You can do a direct install, but it will take 
you longer and you will have to understand a great deal more about what 
you are doing. There is a link to the NativeSetup page off the 
SprintCoderSetup page that explains the steps you will need to take. On 
a quick skim, it's aged a bit - you need to read Python3 where it says 
Python 2, and the example settings_local.py is out of date - you'll want 
to derive what's appropriate for your native environment off the 
template that's in the Docker build directory. If it's your first time 
to do a Native setup, you will not complete it in two hours. Please plan 
to start it significantly ahead of time (like, _now_) and send mail when 
you get stuck.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 21:04:21 -0500

On 9/9/20 8:59 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
>> Is Docker required? I installed it last time and it was constantly 
>> running on macOS talking back to it’s central servers even when I 
>> wasn’t using it and using way too much CPU. I don’t need to be 
>> monitored like that. I uninstalled it.
> you longer and you will have to understand a great deal more about 
> what you are doing. There is a link to the NativeSetup page off the 
> SprintCoderSetup page that explains the steps you will need to take. 
> On a quick skim, it's aged a bit - you need to read Python3 where it 
> says Python 2, and the example settings_local.py is out of date - 
> you'll want to derive what's appropriate for your native environment 
> off the template that's in the Docker build directory. If it's your 
> first time to do a Native setup, you will not complete it in two 
> hours. Please plan to start it significantly ahead of time (like, 
> _now_) and send mail when you get stuck.
Also, you can tell docker desktop not to start on startup, and tell it 
to quit when you're not using it. As far as I've seen, it does not leave 
anything active after you tell it to exit.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:21:42 -0500

Given the feedback so far, I'd like to run another quick doodle to make 
sure we're chosen the best time. The granularity of the original doodle 
wasn't as fine as it needed to be.

Please add yourself to this doodle asap: 
https://doodle.com/poll/2si7m8gazan4h2ku

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 09:36:41 -0500

If you haven't added yourself to the doodle below, please do so today. 
Note that this is not the original doodle.

I've deleted the original - its state is captured in the attached PDF.

RjS

On 9/10/20 12:21 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> Given the feedback so far, I'd like to run another quick doodle to 
> make sure we're chosen the best time. The granularity of the original 
> doodle wasn't as fine as it needed to be.
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 08:41:53 -0500

Based on the below doodle, we're moving the virtual codesprint to Friday 
9 Oct 2020 at 2000 UTC.