Subject: [Tools-discuss] getting the Acknowledgement section in the right place

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:06:56 -0400

I noticed while reading the diff for an AUTH48 that the RFC editor had moved
the Acknowledgement section after the references.

I guess we can make that happen by putting that section after the ---back
in kramdown, and move it manually in xml.

It wasn't something I'd noticed before.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:16:31 +0200

> the Acknowledgement section after the references.

Yes, that’s what RFC 7322 says:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.10

(It may be followed by a contributors section, and then is followed by the authors’ addresses.)

> in kramdown, and move it manually in xml.

Putting the section last (or before a contributors section, which may be automatically inserted by kramdown-rfc) in the back matter is right.
No manual moving required.

Make sure you have numbered=“no” on the section:

# Acknowledgements
{: numbered="no"}

Examples for doing this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cbor-wg/CBORbis/master/draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis.md
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/core-wg/senml-more-units/master/draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units.md

Or any recent kramdown-rfc draft…

(This really belongs to the rfc-markdown list, which I have CCed.)

> It wasn't something I'd noticed before.

RFC 7322 was published in September 2014 ;-)

Grüße, Carsten