Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker question: Replacing in Draft upload

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 12:50:17 +0000

Hi,

I was attempting to tell the datatracker that a submission of an individual -00
was replacing another individual draft at submission. An extra dimension here is
that I was not originally an author of the document I was entering as beeing
replaced by. 

The effect I got was that the -00 was posted without the replacement
information. I also got an email with the below content. I find the "None
instead of None" so I clearly managed to trigger the code-path for replacement
information. 

I-D: <draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery-00.txt>
Datatracker URL: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery/

This document now replaces None instead of None

Is this intended to work? I was expecting that an approval would go to the
original author prior to accepting the document like what happens when you add
an author in a later version. 

I have used my AD powers to put in this information into the datatracker anyway
after it was posted. 

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------