Subject: [Tools-discuss] Submitted draft is missing from tools

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:08:01 -0800

Hi,
a new draft submitted two days ago is in the datatracker
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mmm-rtgwg-integrated-oam/> but is
not showing in the tools. As a result, cannot reference it from another
document. Much appreciate your help, suggestions.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 20:21:55 +0100

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/draft-mmm-rtgwg-integrated-oam/xml

A copy is below.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 08:59:26 +1300

Greg,

On 21-Feb-21 08:08, Greg Mirsky wrote:
> Hi,
> a new draft submitted two days ago is in the datatracker <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mmm-rtgwg-integrated-oam/> but is not showing in the tools. As a result, cannot reference it from another document. Much appreciate your help, suggestions.

Every updated draft I've looked for recently after an I-D announcement was missing from the tools site. You just have to use the version in the datatracker until the tools site catches up, which seems to take a while these days.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmm-rtgwg-integrated-oam-00 is there now.

   Brian

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:37:22 -0800

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Every updated draft I've looked for recently after an I-D announcement
> was missing from the tools site. You just have to use the version in the
> datatracker until the tools site catches up, which seems to take a while
> these days.

To add another data point for how long it takes tools to catch up,
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method-06 is
currently unavailable (404) but the -06 was posted just shy of 4 days ago.

-Ben

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:37:08 -0800

Hi Brian,
thank you for your quick response. Looking and your and Benjamin's
observations don't make me feel better that this problem affects many other
contributors at IETF. Thanks to Carsten, I can work and use the reference
he kindly provided.

Regards,
Greg

PS. Tools still don't show my draft. ;(

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 11:59 AM Brian E Carpenter <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> > a new draft submitted two days ago is in the datatracker <
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mmm-rtgwg-integrated-oam/> but is
> Every updated draft I've looked for recently after an I-D announcement was
> missing from the tools site. You just have to use the version in the

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:37:51 -0800

Hi Carsten,
perfect! Many thanks, you've solved my problem.

Regards,
Greg