Subject: [Tools-discuss] Performance oriented codesprint before IETF 112

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 17:23:16 -0500

We would like to hold a codesprint before IETF 112 focused on 
datatracker performance.

We have been improving the instrumentation of the datatracker, and plan 
to provide quite a bit of information that will help us focus on places 
that will help us most. These include statistic from the database engine 
itself, and instrumentation that measures which views are getting the 
most use, suffering the worst cumulative performance, and how those 
views use the database.

I expect much of the work will be verifying that the database has the 
right indices, adjusting views to make better use of the ORM (such as 
prefetching data (and not to prefetch too _much_ data), and adjusting 
models where the current models are proving to be problematic.

I have a doodle for two different possible times on either Oct 27 or Oct 28.

If you would like to participate, please add yourself to the doodle. If 
the proposed times can't be made to work for you and you would really 
like to engage in this kind of sprint, please just add a comment at the 
doodle page.

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 17:42:42 -0500

This time with the link: https://doodle.com/poll/cavrqib4nwdmvuk2

On 9/29/21 5:23 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> We have been improving the instrumentation of the datatracker, and 
> plan to provide quite a bit of information that will help us focus on 
> places that will help us most. These include statistic from the 
> database engine itself, and instrumentation that measures which views 
> are getting the most use, suffering the worst cumulative performance, 
> and how those views use the database.
>
> If you would like to participate, please add yourself to the doodle. 
> If the proposed times can't be made to work for you and you would 
> really like to engage in this kind of sprint, please just add a 
> comment at the doodle page.
>
> RjS
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints