Subject: [Txauth] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-gnap-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 03:35:01 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-gnap-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-gnap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

   "...the group will attempt to simplify migrating from OAuth 2.0 and OpenID
   Connect to the new protocol where possible."

Should there be explicit chartered work about it?  It didn't seem to me that
any of the proposed milestones covered migration, potential impact on existing
operations, etc..

---

From: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 14:26:28 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: iesg <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alvaro Retana via Datatracker
> Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:35 AM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-gnap-00-00: (with
> COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> 
> Should there be explicit chartered work about it?  It didn't seem to me that any
> of the proposed milestones covered migration, potential impact on existing
> operations, etc..

Good point.

The current thinking is that this would a design-time consideration for the existing milestone items.  However, that doesn't cover explicit migration guidance.  Version 00-01 now has:

- (if needed) Guidelines on migration paths, implementation, and operations

Regards,
Roman