Subject: [Txauth] User consent

From: Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 11:43:06 -0700

Dick said:
>From a privacy perspective in non-enterprise use cases, I think the user
should give consent to any updated personal information to a client. In
general, the client should not be able to get the latest information about
a user whenever it wants.

My statement about user consent from kantara perspective:
The above statement is not machine proccessible. This can only be fixed if
the as or rs knows what the user consented to. One element of consent needs
to be the expiration time. Could this group create the minimum viable
consent?
U
thx ..Tom (mobile)

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 11:51:40 -0700

Hey Tom

As you know, consent is currently gathered by a user experience between the
user and the party needing consent.

I think a machine readable consent artifact is interesting, but it does not
appear to be in the groups charter at this time. Do you know of any other
bodies working no this?

ᐧ

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:43 AM Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> --
> Txauth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/txauth
>

---

From: Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:47:22 -0700

I was afraid that was the case. Let me goad kantara into creating one.

thx ..Tom (mobile)

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 11:52 AM Dick Hardt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hey Tom
>
> As you know, consent is currently gathered by a user experience between
> the user and the party needing consent.
>
> I think a machine readable consent artifact is interesting, but it does
> not appear to be in the groups charter at this time. Do you know of any
> other bodies working no this?
>
> ᐧ
>
>> The above statement is not machine proccessible. This can only be fixed
>> if the as or rs knows what the user consented to. One element of consent
>> needs to be the expiration time. Could this group create the minimum viable
>> consent?
>> U
>> thx ..Tom (mobile)
>> --
>> Txauth mailing list
>> [email-masked]