Subject: WG decision item: DDDS as work item

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:57:35 -0400

Howdy,

I assume that people have had a chance to look over the various DDDS
drafts, and I haven't heard any particularly strong opinions.

Unless there are strong objections, I will consider that a WG
decision to go with these documents, and look to putting them to WG
last call next week.

Leslie.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:46:51 -0400

Leslie,

right before an IETF meeting is not a good time to apply the
"silence = consent" rule - people are often too busy trying
to prepare for the meeting or tie up loose ends at home to
pay proper attention to a new proposal.  I know that I'm
personally too busy to read these documents right now.

so I recommend waiting until a couple of weeks after the IETF
meeting before trying to evaluate DDDS.

Keith

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:21:02 -0400

> meeting before trying to evaluate DDDS.

Same here. Especially since one document needs its examples tweaked
which means a new rev...

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:20:47 -0400

To clarify:

        . I'm not suggesting the WG should accept/finalize these
          versions of the documents in the next couple weeks, I'm
          asking if there are strong objections to taking on the work
          (per my message of 10 days ago on the subject).

Per these requests to extend the period of consideration of the
question, then, this is a call to those people who find the weeks
before the IETF very focusing (i.e., their best shot at clearing
their schedule for IETF work).

I will post a gentle reminder after the IETF for those who focus better
after the meetings are over, taking us to August 18 for closure
on the decision of whether to pursue the DDDS documentation or to roll
back.

Leslie.

--

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]

---

From: Justin Couch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:25:42 +0800

> personally too busy to read these documents right now.

That and quite afew of the people are at Siggraph atthe moment.
(Yes, URNs  have ahuge following overherewith the web3d folks).

(bloody shittyspacebar doesn't work. grrr)

Justin Couch                                   Author, Java Hacker
Software Architect                               [email-masked]
J3D.org                             http://www.vlc.com.au/~justin/
Java3D FAQ                                 http://www.j3d.org/faq/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look through the lens, and the light breaks down into many lights.
 Turn it or move it, and a new set of arrangements appears... is it
 a single light or many lights, lights that one must know how to
 distinguish, recognise and appreciate? Is it one light with many
 frames or one frame for many lights?"      -Subcomandante Marcos
-------------------------------------------------------------------