Subject: Re: [urn] (fwd) I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-03

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:31:36 +0100 (MEZ)

[[ speaking as the document editor ]]

I have uploaded a new version of the rfc3188bis (URN:NBN) draft,
which has undergone a couple of edits according to comments received
since submission of the -02 version a month ago.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:12:31 -0800
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the
Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

Title     : Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform Resource Names
Author(s) : Juha Hakala
            Alfred Hoenes
Filename  : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn,txt
Pages     : 19
Date      : 2012-02-16

Abstract

   National Bibliography Numbers, NBNs, are widely used by the national
   libraries and other organizations in order to identify various
   resources such as digitized monographs.  Generally, NBNs may be
   applied to all kinds of resources that do not have an established
   (standard) identifier system of their own.

   A URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for NBNs was established in
   2001 in RFC 3188.  Since then, several European national libraries
   have implemented URN:NBN-based systems.

   This document replaces RFC 3188 and defines how NBNs can be supported
   within the updated URN framework.  A revised namespace registration
   (version 4) is included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-03.txt

----- End of forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

As usual, a HTML-ized version of the draft is accessible at:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-03
and from there, prior versions and related 'htmldiff's are available.

Summary of changes, as listed in the draft:

> Appendix A.  Draft Change Log
>
> [...]
>
> A.4.  draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-02 to -03
>
>  - improved text related to "prefix" in NSS;
>  - addressed issues with text related to case-sensitivity of NSS
>    strings;
>  - addressed comments and open details on requirements language;
>  - switched language to talk about "resource" instead of "object";
>  - several more editorial fixes and enhancements.

Please check whether your concerns have been addressed sufficiently.

The authors believe that this draft has no more outstanding issues
beyond the textual updates needed to track the progress of the
rfc2141bis and rfc3406bis drafts.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+