Subject: [urn] Informal Meeting in Atlanta?

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:02:59 -0700

There's no URN working group meeting scheduled for the Atlanta, but I'd like to talk about urns going forward....

Those who will be there, can we try to meet up informally? 
Thursday lunch? 1-3 would work for me, other suggestions?

Larry

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:08:01 -0400

> Thursday lunch? 1-3 would work for me, other suggestions?

The App Area chairs will all be in an App Area chairs' lunch with Pete and
me on Thursday.

Barry

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:53:24 +0200 (MESZ)

Larry,
a quick personal response ...

> There's no URN working group meeting scheduled for the Atlanta,
> but I'd like to talk about urns going forward....

The milestones in the WG charter recently have been updated.

The (substantially revised) four WG draft versions recently submitted
for discussion incorporate the "A way forward ..." proposal I had
made early in July (see the recent commented I-D submission
announcements on the list), as moderated by subsequent discussion.
(The due revision of the rfc3044bis draft is expected to be submitted
ASAP as well.)

So please review the revised I-Ds -- in particular the two core
documents (rfc2141bis and rfc3406bis) and speak on the urn list.
We all hope for serious text-oriented discussion there!

> Those who will be there, can we try to meet up informally?

Neither I nor -- AFAICT -- any of the other (co-)authors of
URNbis WG documents will be at the Atlanta IETF meeting.

As alluded to in our revised milestones, we expect URNbis
to have a face-to-face meeting at the Berlin IETF next year,
with the objective to finalize current work (where needed)
and either close or re-charter.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

> _______________________________________________
> urn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:16:22 -0700

> Thursday lunch? 1-3 would work for me, other suggestions?

As Barry stated, Thursday lunch isn't good for Apps folks. However, I
have noticed that Afternoon Session II on Thursday is wonderfully free
of Apps area work. Meeting during that time would work well with me.
Others?

-andy

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:57:57 -0400

> of Apps area work. Meeting during that time would work well with me.

It's clear of Apps stuff because SAAG (the Security Area general session)
is at that time, and there's often important Apps overlap with what's
talked about there.  Others can certainly meet then, but I'll be in SAAG.

b