Subject: [urn] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-urnbis-3406bis-00.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:37:27 -0700

Following up on my alternative approach to revising RFC 2141, I have
decided to submit a similar I-D for RFC 3406.

One could argue, as Leslie Daigle did to me recently, that we don't
absolutely need to revise RFC 3406. I am sympathetic to that argument.
However, based on my work advising namespace registrants over the past
few years, I found that they often were confused about the process.
Thus in my alternative approach to revising RFC 3406 I have rearranged
the content a bit and have clarified and streamlined the text here and
there. IMHO the only truly substantive change is removal of experimental
namespaces, in accordance with the recommendations of RFC 6648.

Feedback is welcome.

Peter

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-urnbis-3406bis-00.txt
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:27:46 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace Definitions
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Leslie Daigle
                          Renato Iannella
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-urnbis-3406bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-11-10

Abstract:
   This document supplements the Uniform Resource Name (URN) syntax
   specification by defining the concept of a URN namespace, as well as
   mechanisms for defining and registering such namespaces.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-urnbis-3406bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-urnbis-3406bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt