Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:37:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using International Standard Serial Numbers as Uniform Resource Names
	Author(s)       : Pierre Godefroy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-11-07

Abstract:
   The International Standard Serial Number, ISSN, has been the
   authoritative identifier for continuing resources (which include
   serials) for more than three decades.  Since 2001, the URN (Uniform
   Resource Name) namespace "ISSN" has been reserved for ISSNs.  The
   namespace registration was performed in RFC 3044.  This document
   redefines -- in a backwards compatible manner -- how the revised ISSN
   standard can be supported within the URN framework, taking into
   account in particular the latest revision of the ISSN standard in the
   ISO framework (ISO 3297:2007).  Moreover, additional syntax related
   information required by the RFC 2141[bis] has been included.  An
   updated namespace registration is provided.  This document replaces
   RFC 3044.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/