Subject: [urn] Transition of 2141bis and 3406bis

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:37:33 -0500

All,

With respect to moving to a new, smaller document encompassing our 2141bis
goal I see that there is consensus within this working group for making
this transition. Peter Saint-Andre has also submitted a 3406bis document
consistent with the same style as his 2141bis document. For consistency,
this new document will be used as a basis for this working group's 3406bis
goal going forward.

It should be noted that these new documents are not the final output of
this working group but are simply a new basis for the development of the
milestones we must achieve, and they will be based on consensus within this
working group and the IETF in accordance with IETF practices.

With regards to the historical context and motivations described in the
current set of documents, we will seek the addition of new milestones for
Informational track RFCs in which to capture this information.

-andy, URNBIS co-chair

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:46:54 -0700

On 11/27/12 1:37 PM, Andrew Newton wrote:
> All,
> 
> With respect to moving to a new, smaller document encompassing our 
> 2141bis goal I see that there is consensus within this working
> group for making this transition. Peter Saint-Andre has also
> submitted a 3406bis document consistent with the same style as his
> 2141bis document. For consistency, this new document will be used
> as a basis for this working group's 3406bis goal going forward.

As requested, I have submitted the following documents, which will
appear shortly in the I-D repository:

- - draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-04
- - draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3406bis-urn-ns-reg-04

I have also checked the XML files into source control:

https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/urnbis/

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/