Subject: [urn] draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21.txt and change information

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:56:24 -0500

Hi.

The post-last-call version of draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn
has been posted.

For the information of the WG, it responds to all Last Call
comments posted during the Last Call period.  I believe that all
of those comments and discussions were posted to this mailing
list but, in case anyone feels like checking, the ones that
affected the document were certainly posted to the IETF one.

The changes are all editorial, including getting the one
instance of "Basic Latin repertoire" out of the document and
adding a paragraph to the IANA Considerations section to repeat
and clarify the mailing list to be used for new registrations
(and request a tombstone or alias for the old one).

best,
   john

p.s. For those who are wondering, the other significant document
in the WG's queue, draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition is
awaiting some text and signoff from Juha, who has been on
vacation.   I hope to have a version that should be ready for
final WG review posted within the next week or so.

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Monday, February 27, 2017 06:30 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [urn] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the
Uniform Resource Names, Revised of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2017-02-27

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI)    that is assigned under the "urn" URI scheme
and a particular URN    namespace, with the intent that the URN
will be a persistent,    location-independent resource
identifier.  With regard to URN syntax,    this document defines
the canonical syntax for URNs (in a way that is    consistent
with URI syntax), specifies methods for determining URN-
equivalence, and discusses URI conformance.  With regard to URN
   namespaces, this document specifies a method for defining a
URN    namespace and associating it with a namespace identifier,
and    describes procedures for registering namespace
identifiers with the    Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
(IANA).  This document obsoletes    both RFC 2141 and RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-ur
n/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-u
rn-21

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time
of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available
at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
urn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------