Subject: Re: [urn] draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-19

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 12:17:16 -0500

> The chairs believe that this version reflects what was decided during
> the (now-long-ago) conference call plus the list discussion since
> then, and that the document is now done.  There may, of course, be
> some "oopsies" that have crept in with the changes, so we will make a
> call for final comments.  Let's call it a "working group last call for
> typos and major objections."  We do not expect to see quibbles that
> have been discussed before, re-thinking of things that does not
> reflect a serious error in where we went with it, or other things of
> that sort.
>
> And, so, thus begins a last call of that nature, a last call for major
> objections and eyes looking for errors that have crept in.  That call
> will run until... oh, let's make it easy and say 31 January.
> Everyone, please do have one last look.  There will be an IETF last
> call, of course, but let's please not have working group participants
> waiting until then.

The comment period has ended, and we've had some comments.
Considering versions -18 and -19, we've heard from Julian, Henry,
Lars, and Juha -- thanks very much to all of you for the reviews,
comments, discussion.

As I noted above, we're in the aftermath of the conference call, in
which we very usefully hashed out many things and came to agreement.
Some results of that:

1. The chairs are happy to consider no comments now to indicate
acceptance that the current text does reflect consensus, as we came to
in the conference call.

2. While all reviews and comments are welcomed, appreciated, and
considered, we're past the time of responding separately to every
point and addressing things that are minor points or that have been
batted around before, picking on details of text beyond what's
necessary for clarity, and that sort of thing.  In the interest of
moving forward and understanding that we'll never get to where
everyone thinks the document is perfect, we expect the authors to use
their good judgment on a final update, and the chairs will review that
and request publication soon.

Barry, as chair