Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 18:09:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-22.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2017-03-02

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   that is assigned under the "urn" URI scheme and a particular URN
   namespace, with the intent that the URN will be a persistent,
   location-independent resource identifier.  With regard to URN syntax,
   this document defines the canonical syntax for URNs (in a way that is
   consistent with URI syntax), specifies methods for determining URN-
   equivalence, and discusses URI conformance.  With regard to URN
   namespaces, this document specifies a method for defining a URN
   namespace and associating it with a namespace identifier, and
   describes procedures for registering namespace identifiers with the
   Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).  This document obsoletes
   both RFC 2141 and RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 19:10:31 -0700

This version addresses IESG feedback.

Peter

On 3/2/17 7:09 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> urn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn
>