Subject: [urn] draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-08

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 20:33:05 -0400

Hi.

Since Barry announced the WG Last Call on
draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07, the new ISBN and ISSN
templates have been submitted, reviewed, and registered by IANA
(technically, they updated/ replaced the older ones).  See the
registry,
https://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces/urn-namespaces.xhtml,
for more information.

As those who looked at it presumably noticed,
draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07 contained a number of
placeholders, forward references, and "until the new templates
are ready and registered" language.  I have now gone through it,
removed those comments, and generally adjusted the text to
reflect the current, more settled, situation.   In the process,
I discovered and fixed a number of sentences that were
unnecessary difficult editorially and clarified several
statements about specific actions that affect updating or
obsolescence of exiting or earlier documents.

draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-08 has been posted to
reflect those changes, none of which change the document
substantively.

Happy July.
    john

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 08:35:51 -0600

Thanks, John. The updates look good and this document appears ready.