Subject: draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-02.txt

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:44:12 -0000

I submitted draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-02.txt to the drafts editor last  
December (and we have been discussing it since then on the basis of the  
copy on our website).

Frank pointed out last week that it had still not appeared on the official  
drafts sites, so I sent it again.

I received the usual auto-acknowledgements both times, but nothing else.

So finally I escalated to the next stage up, and received the following  
response:

"We sent you twice messages saying that your draft did not have required
statements in it. PLease fix the problem with your draft and resubmit."

Well, they may have sent them, but I never received them (and I have  
carefully examined my trash file, which has not been pruned of late, and  
they are certainly not there). Moreover, they carefully did not explain  
which required statements they were concerned about, which was not overly  
helpful.

Anyway, I have now studied their website and RFCs 3667 and 3668 and fixed  
such problems as I could find and resubmitted. So we shall see. Draft-03  
is now almost ready, and will be submitted in about a week's time (I am  
away until then), assuming draft-02 finally makes it.

And, in spite of their protestations, I see that drafts with incorrect  
texts were still being accepted in January, including one by a certain Mr  
Lilly :-( .

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5