Subject: #1043 USEFOR 2.1 term "header": Resolved

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:47:13 +0200

With a few refinements based on the discussion, this item is now closed.
ROUGH consensus.

OLD:

 This specification uses the terms "header", "header name", and
 "header content" which are synonymous with the [RFC2822] terms
 "header field", "field name", and "field body" respectively.

NEW:

  NOTE: Older News specifications used the term "header" as a synonym
     for what [RFC2822] calls "header field". This document follows
     the terminology of RFC 2822 in using the term "header field",
     based on a belief that consistent terminology among specifications
     that depend on each other makes the specifications easier to use
     in the long run.

Also add one more definition to this section:

  This specification also uses the following terms:

  Header line - a line as defined in [RFC2822] section 2.1 that forms
         part of a header field.