Subject: Re: #1043 USEFOR 2.1 Use of the term "header"

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:48:13 -0700 (PDT)

Henry Spencer <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"There's no difference on the wire" is not the same as "there's no
>justification".

Ummm, ok. So what? Who has said it was?

Ohhh, I get it. You've ignored the part of the discussion where I pointed
out that the differences from RFC2822 aren't fully documented in USEFOR-04
and the justifications for any differences are completely absent, and
you think I'm saying "there's no justification" not because there is not a
single word of justification but because of some irrelevant matter like
"same on the wire" or something.

You win. They aren't the same. Next non-sequitor?

---

From: Henry Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:19:54 -0400 (EDT)

> Ummm, ok. So what? Who has said it was?

You did -- you quoted Harald (I think it was) saying "no difference on the
wire", and then *followed that up* by saying "since there's no
justification...".  When you quote part of a previous message before your
remarks, the usual assumption is that it's relevant to what you're saying. 

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       [email-masked]