Subject: #1004 USEFOR 3.2.14 - closing X-headers

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:44:41 +0200

I found no consensus supporting either reverting to the "deprecated" text 
(Charles' suggestion) or removing X-Mailer from the list (Alexey).

So I'm moving this ticket to "Text accepted".

Reposting the proposal:

OLD (3.2.13):

 NOTE: This header supersedes the role performed redundantly by
 experimental headers such as X-Newsreader, X-Mailer, X-Posting-
 Agent, X-Http-User-Agent, and other headers previously used on
 Usenet and in Email for this purpose. Use of these experimental
 headers SHOULD be discontinued in favor of the single, standard
 User-Agent header.

 NEW:

 NOTE: Some of this information has previously been sent in
 non-standardized headers such as X-Newsreader, X-Mailer,
X-Posting-
 Agent, X-Http-User-Agent, and others.
 Once an agent uses User-Agent, it should have no need to
 send these non-standard headers.

 OLD (3.2.14):

 This header is intended to replace various currently-used but
 undocumented headers such as "NNTP-Posting-Host", "X-Trace" and
 "X-Complaints-To". These headers are thus deprecated.

 NEW:

 NOTE: Some of this information has previously been sent in
 non-standardized headers such as NNTP-Posting-Host, X-trace,
 X-Complaints-To, and others.
 Once an injecting agent uses Injection-Info, it should have no
need to
 send these non-standard headers.