Subject: ADMIN: Plans for the next 2 weeks

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:12:36 +0200

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, starting 
tomorrow (at 6 in the morning).

Our plan was to close as many tickets as possible by today, allowing Ken to 
produce a clean -05 draft reflecting those resolutions, in preparation for 
a WG Last Call on the usefor document.

Given the number of issues that Bruce and others have raised and re-raised, 
this seems somewhat optimistic - but my judgment is that the discussion is 
best served by emitting a new document at this time anyway.

So I'm asking the editor to prepare an usefor-05 draft next week, with the 
resolutions so far in the tracker and edits making sure the text is 
consistent (such as the replacing of most occurences of "header" with 
"header field"). Where tickets are still open, I'm asking him to insert a 
marker in the text like [[Open issue #nnnn]] to show that we know that 
there is an open issue here.

Where the state of the ticket is "Text accepted" or "No change needed", Ken 
will close the ticket when he's sent out the edited draft.

Alexey will reopen closed issues as needed, and open new ones, if 
discussion warrants. Then we'll see where we stand.

                             Harald