Subject: Re: #1159 USEFOR 3.2.14 - Advice on sender vs posting-account

From: [email-masked] (Kai Henningsen)
Date: 05 Mar 2006 22:17:00 +0200

[email-masked] (Russ Allbery)  wrote on 23.02.06 in <[email-masked]>:

> Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Apparently not there, they had some privacy trouble with the unencoded
> > X-Trace, they wouldn't stick to it if it's redundant.
>
> You're rather optimistic there.  :)

Well ... they *did* run a text-only newsserver, and have a team of people  
actually talking to their users in their internal newsgroups, and doing  
their best to teach them netiquette. (For all I know, they might still do  
so - I'm no longer a customer.) Hey, they often knew more about DSL  
outages than the DSL handling departments of T-Online!

MfG Kai

---

From: [email-masked] (Ralph Babel)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:29:31 +0100

Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:

> "I can't waste 100 bytes per message on my local logs
> so I'll waste 100 bytes of SPOOL ON EVERY SITE that stores
> articles injected here. Oh, if you want me to store your
> X-Trace headers for you, I guess so...."

Well put.