Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:01:29 +0200

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>[email-masked] and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

Hi,

This is the first draft for the ISP scenarios which is taking a bit different approach to the problem than before. The document only has a high level description of the ISP networks and leaves all the network details for the following solutions document. Instead of describing the different network types the document tries to describe scenarios for the introduction of IPv6 in an ISP network. These scenarios will then be applied to different network types in the solutions document. This will also allow a split of the solutions document in multiple parts to speed up the work but that is a future question. The reason for all of these changes is to get the work going in the ISP team and one way of doing this is to try to minimize the scenarios document and put more effort in to the solutions document. Since this is a rather big change it will be interesting to see if will get the support from the v6ops wg that we need to continue on this track. 

Thanks,

Mikael Lind

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wed 2003-06-18 13:52 
To: 
Cc: 
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt

	A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	        Title           : Scenarios for Introducing IPv6 into ISP Networks
	        Author(s)       : M. Lind
	        Filename        : draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt
	        Pages           : 9
	        Date            : 2003-6-17
	       
	This document describes different scenarios for the introduction of
	IPv6 in an IPv4 ISP network. The goal is the addition of a native
	IPv6 service to the already existing IPv4 service without
	interruption of the IPv4 service. During the IPv6 introduction the
	network can go through 4 different stages including the initial IPv4
	only stage. To move between the stages there will be some form of
	transition that can be defined in different transition scenarios.
	
	A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt
	
	To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
	ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
	
	Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
	"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
	type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	        "get draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt".
	
	A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
	http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
	or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

	Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
	
	Send a message to:
	        [email-masked].
	In the body type:
	        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lind-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt".
	       
	NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	        how to manipulate these messages.

	Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
	implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
	Internet-Draft.