Subject: draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-00.txt

From: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:34:36 +0200

Hi all,

We just submitted a draft on usage of Protocol 41 over NAT boxes.

The document can be read before is formally posted at http://www.consulintel.euro6ix.org/ietf/draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-00.txt.

Please, take a look and provide your feedback. Thanks in advance !

Abstract 

   Some NAT boxes/routers allow the establishment of IPv6 tunnels from 
   systems in the private LAN (using private IPv4 addresses) to routers 
   or tunnel servers in the public Internet. 

   As far as we know this is not a common way of use IPv6 tunnels; the 
   usual way is to finish the tunnel directly in a device with an IPv4 
   public address. 

   This behavior provides a big opportunity to rapidly deploy a huge 
   number of IPv6 nodes and networks, without the need of new transition 
   mechanism. This option is very important to facilitate the IPv6 
   deployment. 

   This document describes this behavior and provides hints that should 
   be applied in the NAT boxes and tunnel brokers to facilitate it. 

Regards,
Jordi

*****************************
Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on-line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com