Subject: Residual threats in draft-savola-v6ops-6to4-security-02.txt?

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:52:43 +0200 (CEST)

Maybe it's just me but I can't clearly find the threats that remain
once all the clarified and extended rules in section 5 and 6 have
been applied.

Is this what the "fix" column in the table in 5.5.1 is trying to tell me?
It would be useful to flesh that out a bit.

  Erik

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:16:37 +0300 (EEST)

> It would be useful to flesh that out a bit.

Thanks for the comment.

Fix refers only to the workarounds presented in section 5.

It is assumed that all the implementations already do about all the
suggested checks described in section 6 (in sect 5 there are basically
only more generic suggestions like applyting iTrace), which is a bit of a
stretch.

This should be stated somewhere, but I'll re-organize the document
slightly to make it easier to understand.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings