Subject: 3gpp-analysis: the way forward to revision -05

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:19:57 +0300

Hi all!

I just returned back from holidays and will start working on 3GPP Analysis document again. Quite many comments have been given on Analysis doc revision -04 and I try to compose version -05 by next week Tuesday, August 26th (if not sooner). I want to thank Pekka for his comments.

The comment categories are the following:

-----------

1) Editorial issues: updating them is not a major task.

 [what comes to 2) - 11), I will go the mails through soon and possibly send some comments on the mailing list]

2) Use of NAT-PT in IPv6 UE -> IPv4 node

3) Necessity for protocol translators in sect. 2.3

4) The use of 6to4

5) DNS guidelines

6) Transition mechanisms at UEs

7) Tunnels out of 3GPP operator's network

8) Need for UE <-> 3GPP Configuration

9) Automatic tunneling inside 3GPP operator's network

10) SIP/SDP transition

11) Security considerations

-------------

Did I miss any?

Cheers,
	-Juha-

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:03:02 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Writing as co-chair..

Thanks to Juha for taking this list together.  For reference, I think we
can separate the issues that weren't downright closed (e.g. seem to have
been resolved or waiting for some other action) in two.

Topics which don't seem to be closed which probably require more
attention, in some form or another (possibly cannot be settled by textual

> 9) Automatic tunneling inside 3GPP operator's network

and those issues which were not discussed at all (or in limited scale);  
that could of might or might not mean that there are no objections to the
comments.

> 8) Need for UE <-> 3GPP Configuration  <-- probably rather important?!
> 
> 10) SIP/SDP transition

Anything I've missed?  Disagreements on the classification?

If you have comments on these issues (please do! :-), please send them to
the specific threads.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings