Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:21:08 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

We have not authorized the publication of this document as
draft-ietf-v6ops-*.  In fact, we've never even heard of it before.  It was
undoubtedly meant to be a personal -00 submission. Please remove or rename
it ASAP.

Thanks,

 Pekka, Jonne, Bob
 v6ops co-chairs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:42:16 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 in 3GPP networks satisfying IETF's recommendations
	Author(s)	: J. Yoo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-10-28
	
3GPP PS (Packet Switched) domain Standard states the usage of IPv6 as 
its network protocol to compensate the shortage of Internet address 
and to use the enhanced network protocol functions. In case of the 
current IPv6 usage in 3GPP packet domain standards, they have unique 
IPv6 address allocation scheme which is somewhat different from the  
one of IETF due to its 3G equipments and packet network elements. 
Meanwhile, IETF presents 'recommendations to 3GPP networks (RFC3314 
[2])' to satisfy compatibility between IETF IPv6 and IPv6 of 3GPP 
networks and to lift up the IPv6 capabilities. In this situation, 
this document provides a new IPv6 address allocation scheme in 3GPP 
networks satisfying IETF' recommendations. Provided scheme keeps       rules of recommendations of IETF standards and guarantees backward 
compatibility with the legacy 3GPP IPv6 autoconfiguration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-ipv6use-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.