Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:27:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in Enterprise 
			  Networks
	Author(s)	: T. Chown, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-10-22
	
Ethernet VLANs are quite commonly used in enterprise networks for the
purposes of traffic segregation.   This document describes how such
VLANs can be readily used to deploy IPv6 networking in an enterprise,
including the most likely scenario of subnets running IPv6 in
parallel with the existing IPv4 subnets in the enterprise.   The IPv6
connectivity to the enterprise may or may not enter the site via the
same physical link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.