Subject: RE: More comments needed! [WG Last Call: 3GPP Analysis Document]

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:59:04 +0300

Pekka,

some comments below (JW):

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Pekka Savola [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 21 October, 2003 12:30

> - quite many operator comments from Andreas Schmid; lengthy discussion
>   in which Pekka S. and others were also involved.

I think these comments call for, at least, some description of the 3GPP UE 
being used as a "modem" (without a need to implement v6 on it), and maybe 
some text/consideration how configured tunneling could be made easier (my 
belief is that it should be doable..)

 JW: That case was described in a previous revision of our document (tunneling
done in the laptop and IPv4-based GPRS network used for transport). And I have
no problems putting it there again. The user can in practise use those IPv6-in-IPv4
tunneling mechanisms that can be found in the laptop computer, but there really aren't
(many) 3GPP specific details in that scenario.

> It is inevitable that a new revision is needed (deadline before
> Minneapolis is Oct 27th, so basically one week time for that). But
> before that, I would like to know what the chairs are thinking about the
> situation.

<wg chair hat=on>

A new revision would not hurt.  However, there would really need to be 
more discussion/pull from the WG before we can ship the document to the 
IESG as there are a number of contious issues.

I'd recomment revising the document before the cut-off, and giving a 
presentation at Minneapolis (will you be there, or will someone else do 
it?) on the major issues which need discussion -- we might be able get 
some input how to proceed there and be able to revise the document after 
Minneapolis and ship it them.

 JW: Sure, I will try to compose next revision by Monday. And keeping a short
presentation (on the remaining issues) in MPLS is ok for me.

Cheers,
	 -Juha-