Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:21:19 +0200 (EET)

FYI,

The major addition is an inclusion of somekind of comparison with the 
other mechanisms usable in similar scenarios.

Feedback is of course welcome.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:49:51 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel Establishment Procedure (STEP)
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-1-29
	
This memo describes a set of operational procedures, a UDP
encapsulation for configured tunnels, and one implementation
mechanism to provide a very simple and straightforward way to easily
manage IPv6-over-IPv4 configured tunnels between an ISP and a
customer.  The configured tunnels work even if the IPv4 addresses
change dynamically, or are private addresses; the procedure provides
at least a /64 prefix per customer and requires no administrative
set-up.  NAT traversal is also supported.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.