Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-02.txt

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:17:25 -0400

This is very good and useful piece of work and good job to all.  Can we
ship this as WG product?  
thanks
/jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 8:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title		: Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)	: M. Shin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-02.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-3-31
	
As IPv6 networks are deployed and the network transition discussed, one
should also consider how to enable IPv6 support in applications running
on IPv6 hosts, and what is the best strategy to develop IP protocol
support in applications.  This document specifies scenarios and aspects
of application transition. It also proposes guidelines on how to develop
IP version-independent applications during the transition period.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transit
ion-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.