Subject: RFC 3793 on Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Sub-IP Area Standards Track and Experimental Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:30:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3793

        Title:      Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed
                    IETF Sub-IP Area Standards Track and Experimental
                    Documents
        Author(s):  P. Nesser, II, A. Bergstrom, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11624
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-subip-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3793.txt

This document seeks to document all usage of IPv4 addresses in
currently deployed IETF Sub-IP Area documented standards.  In order to
successfully transition from an all IPv4 Internet to an all IPv6
Internet, many interim steps will be taken.  One of these steps is the
evolution of current protocols that have IPv4 dependencies.  It is
hoped that these protocols (and their implementations) will be
redesigned to be network address independent, but failing that will at
least dually support IPv4 and IPv6.  To this end, all Standards (Full,
Draft, and Proposed) as well as Experimental RFCs will be surveyed and
any dependencies will be documented.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.