Subject: New ID-Checklist to replace ID-nits (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:48:12 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

(co-chair hat on)

If anyone missed this, please take a look, especially the document 
editors.

In particular, the editors please make sure that your documents 
include the new RFC3668 boilerplates, which now seem to be required by 
the IESG.

(co-chair hat off)

Btw. for those struggling with the tools to use for editing, I can
recommend using xml2rc.  I can provide a simple template to get
started if that helps.  There is also work in progress to make such a
"starter template" accessible on a prominent web page.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:34:26 -0400
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: New ID-Checklist to replace ID-nits

    As you probably all know, we have used the ID-nits for a few
    years to help you all to prepare your Internet-Drafts such that
    they will process faster through the AD-review, IETF Last Call
    and IESG approval process.

    The name was somewhat wrong in that it is more a serious checklist
    than merely "nits" (however, there are some nits too).
    The IESG, RFC-Editor and IANA have evaluated the checklist, and
    a new (improved) ID-Checklist is now available at

            http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

    Please help us all by actually CHECKING your Internet-Draft BEFORE
    you pass it on to your AD and the IESG via a "request to publish".
    It will help to make the process go faster and reduce the workload
    on all of us if your document has been checked and complies with
    the guidance/rules in the ID-Checklist.

    Thanks, the IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce