Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:49:01 -0400

Folks,

Ok here is the update with correct boilers as -05. (thanks to Pekka S.
for assistance to catch these in role as Chair).

/jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 3:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Enterprise Network Scenarios
	Author(s)	: J. Bound
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-7-19
	
This document describes the scenarios for IPv6 deployment within
enterprise networks.  It defines a small set of basic enterprise
scenarios and includes pertinent questions to allow enterprise
administrators to further refine their deployment scenarios.
 Enterprise deployment requirements are discussed in terms of
coexistence with IPv4 nodes, networks and applications, and in  terms of
basic network infrastructure requirements for IPv6  deployment.  The
scenarios and requirements described in this  document will be the basis
for further analysis to determine what  coexistence techniques and
mechanisms are needed for enterprise
 IPv6 deployment.  The results of that analysis will be published in  a
separate document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.tx
t

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:32:25 +0100

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt

For info, we have submitted a new I-D that tries to apply this generic
enterprise draft to the specific case study of IPv6 transition on a large
academic campus department.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition-00.txt

It is only a start, but the issues raised for consideration by the generic
ent-scenarios draft have been very helpful.

Because our deployment is using VLANs to distribute IPv6 on the wire(less),
we have also updated our VLAN usage draft:

This should appear here soon:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

But if that doesn't work yet try here:
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tjc/ietf/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

In this draft we describe the usage of a parallel IPv6 routing infrastructure
with IPv6 distributed via VLANs as an alternative, more structured, intra-site
solution than ISATAP.   It requires extra hardware (PC router(s) and VLAN
support) but is working very nicely for us at present.

I think Pekka is allowing a small time slot for each draft in San Diego.

Tim