Subject: Question on draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels-01.txt

From: "BELOEIL Luc RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 01:52:10 +0200

Can those tunnels transport IPv6 and IPv4 packets, after a unique IKEv2
negotiation ?

Example, in host-to-router (site-to-router) tunnels case :
I would prefer to expend my existing "remote access to my company's IPv4
network through Ipsec tunnel", by adding IPv6 transport support, and not
being forced to set up another dedicated tunnel.

Luc

---

From: Mohan Parthasarathy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:41:23 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, IKEv2 allows supporting mixed traffic selectors as part of IPsec tunnel setup.
 So, you should be able to setup an IPsec SA that can carry both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.
 
-mohan

BELOEIL Luc RD-CORE-CAE <[email-masked]> wrote:
Can those tunnels transport IPv6 and IPv4 packets, after a unique IKEv2
negotiation ?

Luc