Subject: [v6ops] RFC 6092 on Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) for Providing Residential IPv6 Internet Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:34:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6092

        Title:      Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in 
                    Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) for Providing 
                    Residential IPv6 Internet Service 
        Author:     J. Woodyatt, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 91729
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6092.txt

This document identifies a set of recommendations for the makers of
devices and describes how to provide for "simple security"
capabilities at the perimeter of local-area IPv6 networks in
Internet-enabled homes and small offices.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes. 

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC