Subject: [v6ops] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-v6ops-6to4-teredo-advisory-01.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:40:14 +1300

Since there have been one or two messages on this topic, I've
updated the draft already. There are quite a lot of changes.

I'm considering removing Teredo completely and leaving that to
be a separate draft. There seems to be plenty to say about 6to4
on its own.

More comments are welcome, but please please please choose a new
subject header for each topic; if you don't do this and we get
another few hundred messages under the same subject, the chances that
your point will be noticed are very small.

    Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-v6ops-6to4-teredo-advisory-01.txt
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 16:30:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advisory Guidelines for 6to4 and Teredo Deployment
	Author(s)       : B. Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-v6ops-6to4-teredo-advisory-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-02-09

This document provides advice to network operators about deployment
of two techniques for automatic tunneling of IPv6 over IPv4, namely
6to4 and Teredo.  It is principally addressed to Internet Service
Providers, including those that do not yet support IPv6, and to
Content Providers.  The intention of the advice is to minimise both
user dissatisfaction and help desk calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-v6ops-6to4-teredo-advisory-01.txt