Subject: Re: [v6ops] v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications -- Recommended Practice?

From: Martin Millnert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:01:43 -0500

Jason,

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 19:13 +0000, Livingood, Jason wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, and for the reference suggested at the end. I'll
> add that to the -02 update, as well ensure that any speculation is
> explicitly described as such.
> 
> BTW, based on your email, sounds like good input for an "Objectives for
> World IPv6 Day" document!

A friend pointed out to me recently the logical fallacy in what I was
suggesting the other day:  It is impossible to measure how many Internet
hosts  can/can't reach you because you have a AAAA on, ... when you have
a AAAA on.

Oops. 

I guess we will have to make do with some keeping our ears out for
unusual problems reported to ISPs support desks and similar
L8-expressions of brokenness.

Cheers,
Martin