Subject: [v6ops] RFC 6343 on Advisory Guidelines for 6to4 Deployment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6343

        Title:      Advisory Guidelines for 6to4 Deployment 
        Author:     B. Carpenter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 51496
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6343.txt

This document provides advice to network operators about deployment
of the 6to4 technique for automatic tunneling of IPv6 over IPv4.  It
is principally addressed to Internet Service Providers (ISPs),
including those that do not yet support IPv6, and to Content
Providers.  Some advice to implementers is also included.  The
intention of the advice is to minimize both user dissatisfaction and
help-desk calls.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC