Subject: [v6ops] Document Action: 'Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:23:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-11.txt) as an
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications/

 Technical Summary
 
   The objective of this document is to describe what the whitelisting
   of DNS AAAA resource records is, hereafter referred to as DNS
   whitelisting, as well as the implications of this emerging practice
   and what alternatives may exist.  The audience for this document is
   the Internet community generally, including the IETF and IPv6
   implementers.
 
 Working Group Summary
 
   During the WGLC, Doug Barton captured the major criticism of the
   document thusly:

	However I return to my main premise which is:
	1. 99.9% of the organizations who have chose this solution
 	already understand these issues, and
 	2. The 0.1% who don't, don't care.
 
   While I think that's a valid concern I'm not sure that it results in
   a lack of utility for the information present. Consensus squarely
   favors publication and we feel that the document will be 	
   informative and useful in it's present form.
 
 Document Quality
 
   There are implementers of V6 AAAA whitelisting who have weighed in
  with their plans and comments on the content of the document.
  significant effort has gone into obtaining community involvement
   given the concerns that the document raises. The acknowledgments
   include several deep reviews of the document.

Personel

   Joel Jaegli is document shepherd