Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:40:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets
	Author(s)       : Xing Li
                          Congxiao Bao
                          Dan Wing
                          Ramji Vaithianathan
                          Geoff Huston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-02-24

   A stateless IPv4/IPv6 translator may receive ICMPv6 packets
   containing non IPv4-translatable addresses as the source that should
   be passed across the translator as an ICMP packet directed to the the
   IPv4-translatable destination.  This document discusses the
   considerations and presents a stateless address mapping algorithm for
   source address translation in ICMPv6 headers for such cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-01.txt

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:47:13 +0800

Hi, All,

According to the comments received from the mailing-list and in the
Taipei meeting, we have updated draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address. The
major changes are:

(1) Add RFC5837 requirements for identify the source IPv6 address in
ICMP.
(2) Only propose hop count mapping algorithm.
(3) Add filtering and rate-limiting recommendations.

Regards,

xing

于 2012/2/25 10:40, [email-masked] 写道:
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>